I finished up some mugs today, just letting them slowly dry. I threw over 40 mugs last week, and spent the past couple days adding handles. I put on my ‘grip style’ handles, which are faster to build but need to dry a lot slower. I have been woefully short on mugs over the past year, so my main goal this winter has been to make a bunch so that I don’t run out again.
I like making these handles – they feel really nice in your hand, they look interesting, and they help keep your hands warm. The mugs can get a bit hot in the microwave, so when I heat up water I usually let it sit a couple minutes before I take it out. I’m planning on making a few more batches like this during the winter (probably next week), but I think I’ll work on some other stuff for a little break.