Well, just finished the barrel firing and it was a lot of fun. We started Saturday afternoon, and it burned out fairly fast but the embers glowed all night long. We didn’t end up pulling stuff out until Sunday afternoon, and some of the pots were still hot.
Overall, I am quite happy with how things turned out. About half the pots turned out as I thought they might, and half didn’t turn out at all. In fact, a couple pieces will need to be fired again as some things didn’t burn but only melted to the pot. A couple pieces also had some hairline cracks that weren’t there when we put the pots in the barrels.I definitely learned a lot and have many things I’d like to try differently next time I do a barrel fire.
Tomorrow I’m hoping to polish a couple of the pieces and post photos of the final products. Until then check out the photos below to see how things went!